WE DO NOT SHIP PLANT OUTSIDE AUSTRALIA
You are buying 8 seeds, which are freshly collected from my own Dichondra Argentea ‘Silver Falls’ plants. Each tiny flower produces between 1 to 2 seeds.
Dichondra 'Silver Falls' is a wonderful trailing perennial plant that forms a mass of silvery green leaves on silver stems. It prefers full sun but may grow less vigorously in part shade. The trailing stems branch well without pinching. Dichondra 'Silver Falls' is great alone or in mixed containers, providing a cool contrast to green foliage and brightly colored flowers. Try it in hanging baskets, tall containers, window boxes or in the garden. It is heat and drought tolerant and will recover quickly if watered after wilting. Silver Falls will cascade down for up to 1.5m in ideal conditions making it a spectacular curtain of silvery green leaves. Sow anytime from Spring through Summer. In warmer areas or controlled climates (eg greenhouse) the seeds may be sown in late Winter. I manage great results from late winter in Sydney.
- Sow seed in a seed raising mix in a tray
- Sow near the surface (less than 5mm below the soil) and tap down lightly to ensure good contact with the soil.
- Water and then keep moist until seed germinates, usually within 2 weeks.
- Transplant or 'pot up' after plants reach a reasonable size.
- Standard potting mix and enrich with compost works well (I find mushroom compost works wonders without being too strong)
- Plants are a little slow at first so be patient, the long trailing silvery foliage of Dichondra 'silver falls' is well worth the wait.
Care is minimal, prune back in spring to keep in shape, ensure a well drained position and fertilise with a general purpose slow release fertiliser in spring. A little extra water in summer in dry periods as needed, but do not over water.